Qubes User Forum
an unofficial Proof of Concept project

Home » Mailing Lists » qubes-users » Editing domains in virsh results in "Extra element os in interleave"
Editing domains in virsh results in "Extra element os in interleave" [message #2825] Thu, 07 February 2019 12:35 Go to next message
rune.philosof
Messages: 2
Registered: February 2019
Karma: 0
Junior Member
When I edit domains in virsh I get the message
```
error: XML document failed to validate against schema: Unable to validate doc against /usr/share/libvirt/schemas/domain.rng
Extra element os in interleave
Element domain failed to validate content
```

This happens even if I only change the amount of vcpu from 2 to 1. So I haven't added any elements.

This is in Qubes 4.

--
Re: Editing domains in virsh results in "Extra element os in interleave" [message #2877 is a reply to message #2825] Sun, 10 February 2019 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dupéron Georges
Messages: 15
Registered: January 2019
Karma: 0
Junior Member
I don't know if editing in virsh is supported.

I use this to change settings from the command-line:

qvm-prefs myvm vcpus 1

Cheers,
Georges Dupéron

Le jeu. 7 févr. 2019 à 13:35, a écrit :

> When I edit domains in virsh I get the message
> ```
> error: XML document failed to validate against schema: Unable to validate
> doc against /usr/share/libvirt/schemas/domain.rng
> Extra element os in interleave
> Element domain failed to validate content
> ```
>
> This happens even if I only change the amount of vcpu from 2 to 1. So I
> haven't added any elements.
>
> This is in Qubes 4.
>
> --
>
Re: Editing domains in virsh results in "Extra element os in interleave" [message #2881 is a reply to message #2877] Mon, 11 February 2019 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rune.philosof
Messages: 2
Registered: February 2019
Karma: 0
Junior Member
søn. 10. feb. 2019 20.34 skrev Dupéron Georges :

> I don't know if editing in virsh is supported.
>
> I use this to change settings from the command-line:
>
> qvm-prefs myvm vcpus 1
>

Well, the problem is that I wanted to add network to the booting options.
I want to PXE boot the VM.


> Le jeu. 7 févr. 2019 à 13:35, a écrit :
>
>> When I edit domains in virsh I get the message
>> ```
>> error: XML document failed to validate against schema: Unable to validate
>> doc against /usr/share/libvirt/schemas/domain.rng
>> Extra element os in interleave
>> Element domain failed to validate content
>> ```
>>
>> This happens even if I only change the amount of vcpu from 2 to 1. So I
>> haven't added any elements.
>>
>> This is in Qubes 4.
>>
>

--
Re: Editing domains in virsh results in "Extra element os in interleave" [message #2886 is a reply to message #2881] Mon, 11 February 2019 14:23 Go to previous message
Dupéron Georges
Messages: 15
Registered: January 2019
Karma: 0
Junior Member
>
> Well, the problem is that I wanted to add network to the booting options.
> I want to PXE boot the VM.
>

qvm-prefs the-vm kernelopts 'your kernel options here'

You might need to also edit the QEMU command-line if you're using HVM, e.g.
in case PXE is not activated in the BIOS. It is fairly difficult to do so,
I used this hack to switch the disks from SCSI to IDE:

# From:
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/4321#issuecom ment-423011787
# and:
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/3494#issuecom ment-427698388

sudo cp -i /usr/lib/xen/boot/stubdom-linux-rootfs
/usr/lib/xen/boot/stubdom-linux-rootfs.bak-"$(date +%s)"
mkdir stubroot
cd stubroot
# unpack:
zcat /usr/lib/xen/boot/stubdom-linux-rootfs | cpio -i -d -H newc
--no-absolute-filenames
nano init # make your changes here. The blunt way is to use sed to
edit/append options in $dm_args just before the IFS=$'\x1b' which precedes
the actual call to qemu.
# repack:
find . -print0 | cpio --null -ov --format=newc | gzip -9 | sudo tee
/usr/lib/xen/boot/stubdom-linux-rootfs > /dev/null

Cheers,
Georges Dupéron

--
Previous Topic: Re: HCL - Librem 13 V3
Next Topic: Warning when following steps forSteps for Fedora 26 TemplateVM updates
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Feb 18 00:04:08 UTC 2019